PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WE HAVE MADE AN EFORT TO KEEP THEM CLEAR AND SIMPLE, THEY CONTAIN MUCH USEFUL INFORMATION ON WHAT TO EXPECT WITH INTERNET BIDDING.
1. ADDITIONAL SERVICE. Where possible bidders should attend the auctions in person as this is the best way to be sure of getting your bids in and to be sure of exactly what is being bid for. Internet bidding at selected auctions is a service offered by Bennetts Classic Auctions so that people who cannot get to the auction can still participate. The Internet is prone to slow downs and outages and so both Bennetts Classic Auctions and Interbid wish to warn users that it may not be possible to bid over the Internet at an auction. Interbid does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted, or secure access to the auction sites, and operation of the sites may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. The audio stream of a live auction event, is for entertainment purposes only.
2. AUCTION INFORMATION. Intending bidders need to be aware of the information about the auction published in the paper and available from the www.bennettsclassicauctions.com.au web site, in particular where a buyers premium is payable, what taxes are payable, the methods of payment and times of inspection and collection. Bidders are advised that there may be an additional charge, if Bennetts Classic Auctions are required to pack up goods for shipping.
4. BENNETTS AUCTIONS - TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE. These terms and conditions of Internet bidding are in addition to Bennetts Classic Auction's terms and conditions of sale, which are available from the auction rooms in particular bidders should note the faults or misdescription rule, as all lots are available for inspection prior to the auction.
5. AUCTIONEERS DISCRETION. The auctioneer has total discretion in choosing to accept a bid from the Internet or from the floor and may, without giving any reason, refuse to accept the bidding of any person or persons. Where the value of a lot is well known, it can be very important who gets the bid in at the expected sale price and very frustrating for live or Internet bidders when they consistently miss out. Because bid limits are kept totally secret even placing a limit well ahead of time does not improve a bidders chances of being selected for key bids. If you can, its always best to attend the auctions in person.
6. INTERBID NOT INVOLVED WITH TRANSACTIONS. We are not involved in the actual transaction between the buyer and the auction house offering the goods. We have no control over the quality or legality of the items displayed on our sites or the truth or accuracy of the descriptions of such items, upcoming auction events or auction results displayed on our sites. In the event that you have a dispute with any parties arising out of your use of the sites you hereby release Interbid from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
7. JURISDICTION. This site is governed by the laws of the State of South Australia.
7. REGISTRATION. All bidders are required to register online. By accepting these terms and conditions you warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and able to enter a legally binding contract, that you will be financially responsible for your use of the Interbid auction system and that you will be responsible for any usage by minors or any other party of these auction services under your name or account. So please guard your password like you would a pin number on a bank account and do not leave your computer unattended while logged into the system. By accepting these terms and conditions you give permission to Bennetts Classic Auctions to use the supplied address and other details for verification purposes.READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE AUCTION SYSTEM. BY SELECTING THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON BELOW, YOU AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, SELECT THE "DECLINE" BUTTON.