Please review our full terms and conditions at
Below are supplementary terms and conditions and information concerning internet bidding.
1. AUCTION INFORMATION. Intending bidders need to be aware of the information about the auction available from the https://abbeysauctions.com.au/ web site, including auction times, product catalogue, Buyers premium, any other charges and times for inspection and collection of goods.
2. REGISTRATION. A bidder number system applies at Abbeys Auctions.
All intending bidders are required to register prior to bidding to obtain a bidder number.
If you intend to bid online you must complete the Online Bidder Registration Form, which is
available after in acceptance of the terms and conditions below. Registrations should be received by 4pm on
the day prior to the Auction. After filling out this form you will receive a phone call
from Abbeys Auctions to verify your application. After registration you will then receive
an Online Bidder/Paddle Number confirmation and a password via email.
NOTE: Registrations can be processed after this cut-off time and during the auction however in these cases you must call Abbeys Auctions on 03 9898 2118 to activate your registration and there could be a delay in processing your registration during the Auction.
3. BUYERS PREMIUM AND OTHER CHARGES. In addition to the hammer price, the buyer agrees to pay Abbey's Auctions the Buyer's Premium together with any applicable taxes in the place of sale. The buyer's premium is 24% of the hammer price GST inclusive. The Buyer's Premium charge is applied to the hammer price after bidding concludes. The Buyer's Premium amount is specified in the Terms and Conditions and in the auction information. Other charges may also apply depending on your circumstances (eg: Packing and Postage, Delivery or Storage of uncollected goods). For further information please refer to the full terms and conditions published at https://abbeysauctions.com.au/terms-conditions/.
4. INSPECTION All items are sold AS IS therefore viewing and prior inspection is highly recommended. Where possible bidders should view and attend the auctions in person as this is the best way to be sure of getting your bids in and to be sure of exactly what is being bid for. Additional photographs, video viewing and condition reports are available for those people who cannot or do not wish to attend the auction room in person.
5. ONLINE BIDDING AS AN ADDITIONAL SERVICE INTERNET SERVICES Internet bidding at auctions is a service offered by Abbeys Auctions so that people who cannot get to the auction can still participate. Bidders should be aware that the Internet may at times exhibit be prone to slow downs and outages that are outside of the control of and so both Abbeys Auctions and Interbid wish to warn users and that at these times it may not be possible to bid over the Internet at an auction. Bidders are advised to place bids as early as possible and to use the bid ladder to place a limit in advance of the auction of a lot and have the system bid for you. The audio stream of a live auction event, is for entertainment purposes only.
6. AUCTIONEERS DISCRETION. The Auctioneers decision is final and there will be no negotiation after the fall of the hammer. The auctioneer has total discretion in choosing to accept a bid from the Internet or from the floor and may, without giving any reason, refuse to accept the bidding of any person or persons. Where the value of a lot is well known, it can be very important who gets the bid in at the expected sale price and very frustrating for live or Internet bidders when they consistently miss out. Because bid limits are kept secret even placing a limit well ahead of time does not improve a bidders chances of being selected for key bids. If you can, its always best to attend the auctions in person.
7. INTERBID NOT INVOLVED WITH TRANSACTIONS. We are not involved in the actual transaction between the buyer and the auction house offering the goods. We have no control over the quality or legality of the items displayed on our sites or the truth or accuracy of the descriptions of such items, upcoming auction events or auction results displayed on our sites. In the event that you have a dispute with any parties arising out of your use of the sites you hereby release Interbid from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
8. TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP. Goods become the responsibility of the purchaser after the fall of the hammer, however cannot be removed until payment is made and a receipt is show to an Abbeys Auctions staff member. Online Internet bidders are required to contact our office to process payment and provide instructions for collection, storage or delivery as soon as possible after winning bids at auction. Purchases must be completed and goods removed within two working days of sale.
9. PURCHASE LIMITS Internet bidders can have various levels of purchase limit,
these limit how much you can buy at an auction. You can check your purchase limit by logging into an auction.
There are three levels of purchase limit,
Standard: up to $5,000
Verified: up to $10,000.
Privileged: up to $15,000.
The standard purchase limit is $5,000, if you think you need a higher limit you should contact Abbeys Auctions no later than 24 hours before the auction.
11. JURISDICTION. This site is governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia.
12. ACCEPTANCE. By accepting these terms and conditions and bidding online you warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and able to enter a legally binding contract, that you will be financially responsible for your use of the Interbid auction system and that you will be responsible for any usage by minors or any other party of these auction services under your name or account. So Please guard your password like you would a pin number on a bank account and do not leave your computer unattended while logged into the system. By accepting these terms and conditions you give permission to Abbeys Auctions to use the supplied address and other details for verification purposes and to contact you regarding upcoming auction activity.READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE AUCTION SYSTEM. BY SELECTING THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON BELOW, YOU AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, SELECT THE "DECLINE" BUTTON.