PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WE HAVE MADE AN EFORT TO KEEP THEM CLEAR AND SIMPLE, THEY CONTAIN MUCH USEFUL INFORMATION ON WHAT TO EXPECT WITH INTERNET BIDDING.
1. AUCTION INFORMATION. Intending bidders need to be aware of the information about the Auction available from the www.abbeysauctions.com.au web site, including auction times, product catalogue, Buyers premium, any other charges and times for inspection and collection of goods.
2. REGISTRATION. A bidder number system applies at Abbeys Auctions. All intending bidders are required to register prior to bidding to obtain a bidder number. If you intend to bid online you must complete the Online Bidder Registration Form, which is available in acceptance of the terms and conditions. Registrations should be received by 4pm on the day prior to the Auction. After filling out this form you will receive a phone call from Abbeys Auctions to verify your application. You will then receive an Online Bidder Number confirmation and a password via email. NOTE: Registrations can be processed after this cut-off time and during the auction however in these cases you must call Abbeys Auctions on 03 9898 2118 to activate your registration and there could be a delay in processing your registration during the Auction.
3. BUYERS PREMIUM AND OTHER CHARGES. In addition to the hammer price, the buyer agrees to pay Abbey's Auctions the buyers premium together with any applicable taxes in the place of sale. The buyer's premium is 18% of the hammer price GST inclusive. Other charges may also apply depending on your circumstances (eg: Packing and Postage, Delivery or Storage of uncollected goods). For further information please refer to the full terms and conditions published at www.abbeysauctions.com.au.
4. INSPECTION All items are sold AS IS therefore viewing and prior inspection is highly reccommended. Where possible bidders should view and attend the auctions in person as this is the best way to be sure of getting your bids in and to be sure of exactly what is being bid for.
5. ONLINE BIDDING AS AN ADDITIONAL SERVICE. Internet bidding at auctions is a service offered by Abbeys Auctions so that people who cannot get to the auction can still participate. The Internet is prone to slow downs and outages and so both Abbeys Auctions and Interbid wish to warn users that at times it may not be possible to bid over the Internet at an auction.
6. AUCTIONEERS DISCRETION. The Auctioneers decision is final and there will be no negotiation after the fall of the hammer. The auctioneer has total discretion in choosing to accept a bid from the Internet or from the floor and may, without giving any reason, refuse to accept the bidding of any person or persons. Where the value of a lot is well known, it can be very important who gets the bid in at the expected sale price and very frustrating for live or Internet bidders when they consistently miss out. Because bid limits are kept secret even placing a limit well ahead of time does not improve a bidders chances of being selected for key bids. If you can, its always best to attend the auctions in person.
7. PARTIAL WEBCAST. At times, only part of the auction will be webcast for bidding over the internet so bidders need to check the above auction information to be sure they can bid over the internet for the all the lots they are interested in. Also any lots added late to the catalogue, or altered in the catalogue, or lots reoffered after failing to sell, will in general not be webcast for Internet bidding.
8. AUCTION TRACE. A detailed trace of the events at the auction is available from the bidding client software. People viewing this trace are advised that Internet delays and the response time of the webcaster and auctioneer mean that bid limits often appear to have been ignored for a while. In particular the trace often shows a bid limit not acted on even though it arrived well before the auctioneer called "Gone". Bidders are advised to bid as early as possible and to use the bid stack to place a limit and have the system bid for you.
9. TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP. Goods become the responsibility of the purchaser after the fall of the hammer, however cannot be removed until paid for and a receipt is show to an Abbeys Auctions staff member. Online bidders are required to contact our office to process payment and provide instructions for collection, storage or delivery as soon as possible after the sale of the item on Auction Day.
10. PURCHASE LIMITS Internet bidders can have various levels of
purchase limit, these limit how much you can buy at an auction. You can check your
purchase limit by logging in to an auction. There are three levels of purchase limit,
Standard: up to $1,000
Verified: up to $5,000.
Privileged: up to $10,000.
The standard purchase limit is $1,000, if you think you need a higher limit you should contact Abbeys Auctions no later than 24 hours before the auction.
11. PAYMENT. Payment can be made by by Cash, EFTPOS. Bank Cheque, Visa or Mastercard. Payment by Mastercard or Visa will be subject to a surcharge of 1.65%. We do not accept Amex or Diners Card.
12. COLLECTION OF GOODS. All goods must be removed by Midday on the working day following the Auction. Delivery can be arranged through our office.
13. ABBEYS AUCTIONS - TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE. These terms and conditions of Internet bidding are in addition to the Abbeys Auctions terms and conditions of sale, which are available from the auction rooms and at www.abbeysauctions.com.au in particular bidders should note the faults or misdescription rule, as all lots are available for inspection prior to the auction.
14. JURISDICTION. This site is governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia.
15. WE ARE HERE TO HELP. We hope that you enjoy your experience of bidding online at Abbeys Auctions. Please refer to the full Auction Terms and conditions on Display at our Auction Rooms and at www.abbeysauctions.com.au . If you have any questions or need any assistance our friendly team will be happy to help. Feel free to call us on 03 9898 2118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
16. ACCEPTANCE. By accepting these terms and conditions you warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and able to enter a legally binding contract, that you will be financially responsible for your use of the Interbid auction system and that you will be responsible for any usage by minors or any other party of these auction services under your name or account. So please guard your password like you would a pin number on a bank account and do not leave your computer unattended while logged into the system. By accepting these terms and conditions you give permission to Abbeys Auctions to use the supplied address and other details for verification purposes and to contact you regarding upcoming auction activity.READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE AUCTION SYSTEM. BY SELECTING THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON BELOW, YOU AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, SELECT THE "DECLINE" BUTTON.