PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WE HAVE MADE AN EFORT TO KEEP THEM CLEAR AND SIMPLE, THEY CONTAIN MUCH USEFUL INFORMATION ON WHAT TO EXPECT WITH INTERNET BIDDING.
1. ADDITIONAL SERVICE. Where possible bidders should attend the auctions in person as this is the best way to be sure of getting your bids in and to be sure of exactly what is being bid for. Internet bidding at auctions is a service offered by Small & Whitfield so that people who cannot get to the auction can still participate. The Internet is prone to slow downs and outages and so both Small & Whitfield and Interbid wish to warn users that it may not be possible to bid over the Internet at an auction.
2. AUCTION INFORMATION. Intending bidders need to be aware of the information about the auction published in the paper and available from the www.smallandwhitfield.com web site, in particular where a buyers premium is payable, what taxes are payable, the methods of payment and times of inspection and collection.
3. PARTIAL WEBCAST. Often only part of the auction will be webcast for bidding over the internet so bidders need to check the above auction information to be sure they can bid over the internet for the all the lots they are interested in. Also any lots added late to the catalogue, or altered in the catalogue, or lots reoffered after failing to sell, will in general not be webcast for Internet bidding.
4. SMALL & WHITFIELD - TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE. These terms and conditions of Internet bidding are in addition to the Small & Whitfield’s terms and conditions of sale, which are available from the auction rooms and at www.smallandwhitfield.com in particular bidders should note the faults or misdescription rule, as all lots are available for inspection prior to the auction.
5. AUCTIONEERS DISCRETION. The auctioneer has total discretion in choosing to accept a bid from the Internet or from the floor and may, without giving any reason, refuse to accept the bidding of any person or persons. Where the value of a lot is well known, it can be very important who gets the bid in at the expected sale price and very frustrating for live or Internet bidders when they consistently miss out. Because bid limits are kept totally secret even placing a limit well ahead of time does not improve a bidders chances of being selected for key bids. If you can, its always best to attend the auctions in person.
6. AUCTION TRACE. A detailed trace of the events at the auction is available from the bidding client software. People viewing this trace are advised that Internet delays and the response time of the webcaster and auctioneer mean that bid limits often appear to have been ignored for a while. In particular the trace often shows a bid limit not acted on even though it arrived well before the auctioneer called "Gone". Bidders are advised to bid as early as possible and to use the bid stack to place a limit and have the system bid for you.
7. PURCHASE LIMITS Internet bidders can have various levels
of purchase limit, these limit how much
you can buy at an auction.
You can check your purchase limit by logging in to an auction.
There are four levels of purchase limit,
Standard: up to $3,000
Verified: up to $10,000.
Privileged: up to $100,000.
The standard purchase limit is $3,000, if you think you need a higher limit you should contact Small & Whitfield before the auction.
8. JURISDICTION. This site is governed by the laws of the State of South Australia.
9. REGISTRATION. All bidders are required to register well before the auction. By accepting these terms and conditions you warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and able to enter a legally binding contract, that you will be financially responsible for your use of the Interbid auction system and that you will be responsible for any usage by minors or any other party of these auction services under your name or account. So please guard your password like you would a pin number on a bank account and do not leave your computer unattended while logged into the system. By accepting these terms and conditions you give permission to Small & Whitfield to use the supplied address and other details for verification purposes.READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE AUCTION SYSTEM. BY SELECTING THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON BELOW, YOU AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, SELECT THE "DECLINE" BUTTON.